This is our go-to recipe. We have it once a week. I think the main appeal is that it's literally impossible to mess up, and it only takes 25 minutes start to finish.
1 loaf THAWED Rhodes Frozen White Dough
2 T melted butter
1/4 cup flour
stuffing ingredients: turkey and meunster cheese, ground beef and peppers and onions, etc.
1. Roll out the thawed dough into an oval 1/4 inch thick (sprinkle flour to avoid sticking).
2. Make 5-7 slits on each side with a pizza cutter. DO NOT CUT TOO FAR IN.
3. Place stuffing ingredients in a strip down the middle of the loaf (for a late lunch, we do simple turkey and meunster, for an appetizer we do various cheeses and pesto, and for dinner we do ground beef with peppers and onions). The great thing is that this recipe is so versatile! There are no rules!
4. Fold the tips of the bread over first, and then carefully take each strip and tuck it into a slit on the opposite side. Make sure there are no gaps between your slices, or your filling will leak out.
5. Place on greased baking pan and cook for 20-25 min at 350, or until golden brown.
6. Brush with melted butter or egg whites when it comes out of the oven.
Et voila! It's so yummy, impossible to mess up, and easy to make. Just my kind of recipe :)
Have you ever had something like this?
What are your go-to easy recipes?