One of our favorite weeknight dinner recipes is jambalaya. So hard to spell correctly, so yummy to make. ;) It's flavor packed, almost impossible to mess up, and perfect for a quick weeknight meal. I've made several variations, and today I wanted to share my favorite with you.
EASY WEEKNIGHT JAMBALAYA
Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage (we also love the polska kielbasa variation)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 orange or yellow bell pepper, cubed
2 cups white rice + 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning OR 1 package Zatarain's Original Jambalaya Mix
1/2 cup diced green onion
1. Chop onion, bell pepper, and green onion. Set aside.
2. Begin preparing rice according to the packaging. (Mix cajun seasoning in right at the beginning, or, for ease of preparation, use the Zatarain's Original Jambalaya mix like I do.)
3. Slice sausage into pieces about 1/3" thick. Saute sausage in large frying pan on medium high heat, stirring frequently.
4. Add the yellow onion and bell pepper into your frying pan. Saute two minutes longer, or until onion begins to brown.
5. When there's about 10 minutes left on the rice, add contents of frying pan into the rice mixture. This ensures that all flavors will combine together.
6. When rice is done, serve warm with a garnish of green onion and a side of steamed broccoli.
And that's it! The perfect mix of spice and flavor, and it's ready to go in 30 minutes or less. In fact, I like to stock up on the jambalaya mix and the smoked sausage when they're on sale, and freeze the sausage until I need it. (Incidentally, you can get 2 Hillshire Farms sausages for only $5 at your local Kroger between 3/30 and 4/19/16 while supplies last. I picked up four myself in the deli aisle at Smith's last week, and still have three in my freezer right now, waiting for next week's easy dinner prep.)
Get more easy weeknight dinner ideas here.
What are your favorite no hassle weeknight meals?
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV