Silver Lining: Big John and electrons

February 9, 2012

Big John and electrons

Yesterday my uncle took me to the movies. It was a date. He's the greatest.

This is him:

Thanks John for our date!

In other news, there's been a huge build-up of static electricity in our apartment. Whenever we touch a doorknob {or a table, or a sink, or the cupboards, or the lightswitches} we get shocked. The kind of shock that looks like a flash of lightning right there on your hand. I even got shocked when I touched my bagel sandwich yesterday. Bagel sandwich, people! Overflowing with electrons!

This morning, Sam and I shocked each other on the lips when we kissed. Doesn't that just call for a million snarky remarks about how much electricity there is between us? The problem is now we both cringe when we go in for a kiss. It's highly romantic.


  1. He looks so fun! Glad you had a good time.

  2. Glad you had a great day with your uncle!

  3. Awww so sweet!! and funny about the electricity! haha

  4. It looks like your date was a blast! :] And that whole shocking thing is super weird! A bagel?! I didn't even know bagels could shock someone! Haha. Hopefully that all changes. Cringing every time you go in for a kiss doesn't sound like too much fun! Haha.

  5. Hmm, your house may not be properly grounded. That could get a little dangerous. If you start noticing getting shocked around the garbage disposal and kitchen sink, you might want to get it looked at. I had the same issue in an old apartment. Be safe!

  6. Hahaha I love how y'all 'cringe' now when you go for a kiss.. too funny!

  7. You're definitely a step up from JoAnne!

  8. Aw, a movie date! Love it!
    Crazy static!! :-)

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...