As it turns out, every single post this week has been toddler-related. Partly because I'm still working on that thing called balance. And that thing called planning ahead. And that thing called spacing out similar posts. But mostly because hey, I'm the mom of a toddler! This is my everyday life, and this is a lifestyle blog, and being Claire's mom is my thing, so of course I'm going to post about it.
So here we go!
You've seen those new Diet Coke "It's Mine" bottles, right? Where no two glass bottles are the same? I was with Sam in the grocery store the other week, and he picked up one of the bottles and said, "This one looks like that thing Claire made." And it totally did! We made a painting and sent it to Claire's grandma, and the bottle had all the same colors as the painting.
EDIT: I just checked. The painting is sitting in an addressed, sealed envelope on my desk, where I put it two weeks ago. We need more stamps, and I NEVER remember to buy stamps. Ha! This weekend for sure!
So then I decided I need a place to display Claire's art. Because, you know, it looks like every other boring toddler scribbles in the world. But since they're HER scribbles, and I'm her parent, naturally I think she's a prodigy. Nobody scribbles better!
DIY ART DISPLAY CORNER
What I used:
wooden a-r-t letters
Diet Coke "It's Mine" bottles
How I made it:
1. Unscrew the metal clips from the clipboard. Of course you can buy clipboards that are already white, but those ones were $4.99 each, and the unpainted ones were only $0.99, so I bought the plain ones.
2. Spray paint the clipboards and the a-r-t letters (any color you want! I also love the industrial metal look). If you want the clips to be the same color as the boards, spray paint those separately.
3. Screw the metal clips back on the clipboards.
4. Attach velcro strips to the back of the clipboards and the letters.
5. Hang on wall and accessorize with flowers, Diet Coke bottles, and of course your artwork!
If I had a larger space to work with, it would have been cool to purchase about 12 clipboards and put them in a large grid. As it was, I was working with the small empty space above this shelf. I still love how it turned out though. Already we've rotated some nursery art and some scribbles through the display.
And speaking of the Diet Coke "It's Mine" bottles, have you heard about the #ItsAllMineSweepstakes happening at Albertson's right now? You can win an awesome package to Primetime TV's largest award show this September! Upload a selfie of you and your favorite Diet Coke "It's Mine" bottle with the hashtag #ItsAllMineSweepstakes before April 26 for your chance to win. Lots more details here!
Happy weekend and happy crafting!Enter the sweepstakes here!