Here are a few pictures from the day. Please excuse the weird library lighting and the construction in the background.
- Every student was invited to bring their favorite children's book with a little note in it. Teachers love books, and it was a perfect way to build up a little library for my baby girl. Now I'll remember my students every time I read my baby a book. (They even have a pretty good selection of books at the dollar store for families on a budget.)
- We played The Price is Right - baby style. Each student had to guesstimate the cost of baby items, and then we added up the actual cost to see who was closest (it was a fun way to sneak in a little review of adding decimals too).
- A bunch of candy bars were lined up on the whiteboard, and my mom volunteer would say a baby-related phrase. Students had to guess which candy bar it matched with (triplets = 3 musketeers, a girl's name = Baby Ruth, bottles = Milky Way, etc.)
- Each student filled out a paper with their baby predictions and advice (which were all put in a cute binder for me). This was easily the best part of the whole shower! My baby will range from 3 inches long to 3.5 feet long. It will be born anywhere from last month to Christmas Day 2015. I should name her anything from Baby Jr to Oprah Winfrey. Oh, and the most repeated advice: don't drop her on her head!
- Then we had pink cupcakes with owl decals on top.
Thank you so much to Mikki for my classroom shower and to my team for my school shower! I am one lucky girl, and my baby will be so spoiled!