I came across these glitter hair clips as I was cleaning out a bathroom drawer last week. These were so fun to make and are still fun to wear. Here's how to make them! (The Average Girl's Guide got me started, and this tutorial was originally posted a few years ago on my blog.)
bottle of loose glitter, any colors
1. Sand down the tops of the clips until the glossy top layer is gone. This gives the clips more texture and grab.
2. Apply mod podge to the top of the clip with a paintbrush.
3. Sprinkle glitter on top, and gently tap off extra glitter. Let dry.
4. Mod podge and glitter the top of the clip again. Tap off extra glitter and let dry.
5. Apply one last sealing layer of mod podge. Done!
I made these with the young women in my ward a while ago, and it was super easy and fun for all ages. It's a perfect craft to do with your daughters, and I even want to make some in a smaller size for my toddler to wear. Don't you think they're bright and fun and great for summer?